Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday fodder

first off thank you jesus it's Friday.
this week was the SLOWEST week this year so far....
so slow, that I drew this picture at work yesterday:
(2 guys I work with that sit in the office and give me a hard time)



I think it's a pretty good rendering.
Bill T- you think it's good?

The other thing I want to share is that on the way to work I heard an old Brian Adams song...(Mike and Mike were on commercial break)- and I remembered that I was in a Brian Adam's video!!!
Back in middle school (I think)- my 2 friends and I went to a B.A. concert- my father drove us and they were both going to sleep over after the show (on a school night!)- at the end of the concert, B.A. announced that anyone who wanted to stay in the audience after the show could bc he was going to be filming a video. The catch, you could NOT leave and come back inside (meaning we could not tell my father, who was coming to pick us up, that we were going to be late)- (this was also before cell phones, although I did have a purple beeper, but I digress)- so, I made the decision to just say and hope my father didn't freak out.
We stayed.
The backs of our heads are in the video.
After the filming, we left the arena to go find my father in the parking lot.
I was sweating bullets with nerves that I was going to get screamed at in front of my friends.
Nope!
He was asleep in the car waiting for us.
He had no clue we were late. The fact that barely any other cars were in the parking lot didn't seem to register with him.
"Have a good time girls?"
YEP!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There needs to be a slight correction to the first sentence from:

"first off thank you jesus it's Friday."

to:

"first off thank you jesus "aka Tebow" it's Friday."


-Balls Deep

Bill Teets said...

whoa...OK...swolled the vomit after reading the previous comment...

So, yes, the drawing was good - I could tell who was who :)

And Bryan Adams...wow...was this before or after the Robin Hood song was huge?

Jennie said...

1. I laughed really hard bc Bill spelled Bryan Adams correctly and I didnt...

2. It was right around that time- bc that Robin Hood song was when I was in 8th grade...

Anonymous said...

You had a beeper? I think you should find it and see if you can get service on it again...

80sBand

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. A welcome treat on my first day back to work in a week (which btw is just as difficult an adjustment as I'd feared it would be).

AngryJohnny

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. A welcome treat on my first day back to work in a week (which btw is just as difficult an adjustment as I'd feared it would be).

AngryJohnny