Thursday, September 18, 2008

ER- not the tv show

so...yesterday bc my Insurance sucks(!!!!!) I went to the ER to try and get an echocardiogram done (ECG).
I got there at 12:30pm- I was discharged (ugh I hate that word, add that to my list of yuck words) at 5:30-ish.
What got done? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
They took an EKG, they took blood, I had to pee in a cup, and they took a chest xray.
I've come to discover that when you are in the ER a chest xray is like when you were in college, and went to the student clinic and they tell you that you have either mono or strep throat regardless of what symptoms you present. Dumb!
So, after the chest xray the "brilliant" nurse forgot me in there and I sat there for 35 minutes.
HELLO????????? MCFLY?!!!!!!!!!

The only semi-entertaining part was that there was some old man who kept yelling (imagine the Cookie Monster voice) "HUNGRY!!!!! NURSE!!!!!"
Turns out the poor man has no teeth, and what does the food service staff deliver him? A hamburger and potato chips!!!!!

Ah.

So today I try to tackle this issue again to try and get my ECG that my doctor ordered me to have.

Oh yeah...I got free tix to the Indians game tonight.
Front row- right above the visitors' box!
Go Tribe!

and...CONGRATS to Partytard for "getting off"!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: