Monday, September 8, 2008

It's gooood to be alive!!!!!

so this weekend was fun- laid back, but fun.
Friday night we stayed in bc I was not feeling well- so we watched movies...
Saturday was a big football day.
What should have been 2 relatively easy games for us turned out not to be actually.
Ohio State had more of a struggle but they were two very very ugly games.
Hello??? Percy Harvin??? Where the F were you??????????
Anyhow we got to hang out a bunch with MCD which is always a good time...
Sunday was a bit more exciting.
Browns vs. Cowboys 4:15 game
Through an amazing ISLAND connection, we scored two luxury box tickets to the game.
We made plans to tailgate with some friends down by the stadium which actually turned out to be quite an ordeal bc Bill and I are not familiar with tailgating locale terminology:
"Are you by the Pit or by the Muny lot?"
THE WHAT???
THE WHERE????

Luckily for us Partytard took it upon herself to come find us and then good times began!
We saw pancakes being thrown at Cowboys fans...
We saw a marriage ceremony...sort of (and let me tell you, Bill and I were "this close" to just getting married right there in the parking lot)
We saw an old "friend" from Dallas...
Mostly it was just really fun to be out there among crazy Browns fans...

So then it was time to get to the game.
Met up with our ticket connection friend and to the LUXURY box we headed.
let me tell you, it is AWESOME!
free food, free beer, great seats.
We walked in and lo and behold our favorite Miller Ferry friend was there as well (which was odd bc we were hanging out with his brother all day before the game and he never mentioned it)
So we settle in and get ready to watch the game....
Oh yeah, one more thing...JERRY JONES (the owner of the Dallas Cowboys) WAS IN THE LUXURY BOX RIGHT NEXT TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I geeked out.
Yes, we took pictures.
Yes, I tried "getting in" with his grandsons.

Big flag:



Ohio State band forming the "Script Ohio"- yes even I was excited to see it, it is pretty cool (even got some goosebumps...but ahh ummmm Go Gators!!)



We were that close:


Yeah I took a picture (still like my ring better though- hee hee)


Excited to see me???? ah yeah, nope..Jerry Jones...

4 comments:

Bill Teets said...

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Anonymous said...

Wow, good time, I am actually quite jealous - both the tailgating and the box would have been great! I was just happy the game was on TV here...
Angry Johnny

Anonymous said...

That is alllllmost as cool as securing a table at 10 AM along the fence at The Swamp on gameday. :)

Balls Deep

mollyCLE said...

Holy crap! I'm so jealous! I actually went in with the Canadians with the delicious meat, thatswhatshesaid.