Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I miss my bed

NO, I didn't vote today- I voted last week by MAILING in my ballot.
Why the f would I even think about standing in a 5 hour line??!!!!
Why doesn't everyone vote by mail???!!!
I listen to people whine about having to take off work and stand in line yada yada yada, well look in the mirror when you want to whine about that. VOTE BY MAIL next time.
sheesh.

I am obviously a bit tired today (cranky? or tired, hmmm).
I stayed up extra late (even later than Bill) to make sure that Clinton Portis did what he needed to do so that my team would win in Fantasy Football.
I won.
This week I play Bill.
It could get ugly (read: it "will" get ugly).

I am thankful that Bill and I are perfectly matched politically.
We pretty much agree on all issues.
So while we don't agree at all most of the time during NCAA Football season, at least we aren't battling it out during this Election.

what else what else....

I had my Bachelorette party and as soon as I get pictures, I will find some that are"appropriate to post"...
Highlights:
I wore granny panties on the outside of my jeans all night.
I danced with someone who apparently was a real life "gangsta"...
I fell in love.- with the macaroni and cheese at Lolita's.
I didn't puke in public.

More later, someone asked me to do something at work- WTF??!! I don't normally like to do any actual work until at least 10am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Th eonyl problem with votiy only count you ballet if it is necessary. Like if one candidate is winning by 400,000 votes and there are only 390,000 absentee ballets then they just throw them out cause even if they were all for the other guy it still wouldn't matter. It really isn't a big deal cause the truth is it doesn't matter but I just like the to know my vote is added to the counter in the end. Kind of like when I donate $1 to Jerry's Kids!!

Anonymous said...

wow my keyboard just went crazy.. the first sentence was supposed to be ... The only problem with voting by mail is that they only count.... sorry

Jennie said...

I checked with the Ohio Board of elections- you are not right.
My vote was counted the same as someone who physically went and voted.

Anonymous said...

After looking into it.. it seems that every state has their own rules regarding absentee ballets as far as both how and when they are accepted as well as when the are counted. I hate that!! If it is a national election shouldn't all the states follow the same rules?? I guess I am just an idealist :)