Friday, November 7, 2008

Wedding stuff

I'm going to be blogging often today.
bc well I'm bored.

So here goes:

So as some of you may know, Bill and I are married.
Legally.
I say "legally" not because I am highly religious and we haven't been married before g-o-d but because I am highly "family oriented" and we haven't yet been married before our combined families...
anyhoo- Bill and I jointly decided that we wanted to be married in front of our families so we (and when I say "we" I mean my parents) planned a pretty special day for us.
but very non-traditional.
just a luncheon and then back to my father's house to watch COLLEGE FOOTBALL- (dear heavenly whoever, please please don't make the Gators play the Buckeyes that day...)-
even as non-traditional as I wanted this to be, I am bending a bit (go ahead say it...THATSWHATSHESAID) bc I am my father's only daughter and he wants it a bit more traditional...
so for our NON-WEDDING here is what we are having musically...

-Ceremony: Harpist
-Luncheon: Band
-After reception at my father's house (and remember our goal is to watch football and hang out): one man band with steel drum who can sing pop music

yep.
all of that for 40 or so people.

4 comments:

Bill Teets said...

this falls into the "I have 8 steaks and 8 chicken breasts for dinner because I wasn't sure which one you wanted...and there is 4 of us" category with your father.

Bill Teets said...

BTW, I love my grammar in the last part of that post.

Jennie said...

lol
I saw that...
there is 4 of us.

Anonymous said...

This one man steel drum band won't be stationed near any TV's will he? I'm thinking he needs to stay outside otherwise he may end up with a drumstick where the sun don't shine.

-Ball Deep