Wednesday, April 9, 2008

OCD and apples

Most who read this blog, know Bill.
Most who know Bill know that he can be a little detail-oriented at times.
Those who know "Teets" and not Bill, might not know this side.
The detail-oriented-ness comes out quite strong at various times- bordering on OCD.
Last night was an example.
Bill and I were laying on the couch. Lots of times we like to lay together and have some nice cuddle time with the doggies, but at this moment we were on separate couches.
Bill on one.
JAR and dogs on the other.
We have a coffeet table. It sits in front of the couch where Bill was sitting.
If I am sitting alone on the other couch, I have no problem/trouble reaching over to get something off of the coffee table. When the dogs are with me, it makes it hard to reach because I don't like disturbing my little- precious-heaven sent angels.
I casually asked Bill if we could move the coffee table over a bit so that it was closer to my couch.
PAUSE
PAUSE
PAUSE
Bill looked at me like I just asked him to eat a piece of dog shit.
His eyes got wide, I think he even got a little flushed.
Moving the coffee table closer to my couch meant that it would no longer be sitting exactly centered in relation to the other couch.
This is not good.
for OCD Bill.
I started laughing because I could see how upset the suggestion made him. I'm not saying I laugh at Bill's unhappiness- bc I don't. But I do laugh when the poor boy gets so upset by things like furniture being out of the perfect order he placed it in.
So the coffee table stayed where it was.


Yesterday when we got home from work we tried on our Prom outfits. Mine was very simple but Bill's made me snot laugh.
I'm hoping to get some pictures posted after the big event.
Speaking of the big event- aka Prom- Bill and I were told over the past weekend that there was an entry fee to attend.
$25
This seems super steep and Bill and I had a long discussion about how ridiculuous that was.
-where does that $ go towards?
-if we got a substantial # of free drinks maybe it would make more sense
-if they didn't charge us the $25 and then $4 a beer once we got in, that would be more sensible as well.
But we're talking about RHB mentality so who knows.

Speaking of RHB mentality and charging us to get in the bar- that leads me to another fond memory.
One night, I think it was last year, the whole LEIC was in attendance up at the Bay.
It was some special night or event at the RHB and they were charging people to get in.
Here is an aside- Bill Teets does not like to pay to get into any bar on the Island.
RHB usually charges a cover that we bypass by signing a sheet that says we work on the Island.
Billy still works at the Boardwalk and I am his guest.
My favorite is when 80sBand signs in by writing he is still working at the dock on MBI.
Anyhow- we get up to the front of the line and they tell us that everyone has to pay- EVERYONE!
Oh no- wrong thing to tell Bill F-ing Teets- especially after hours of pounding drinks.
Everyone else in the LEIC complied, paid, and went inside.
We (Bill) didn't want to do that.
So we walked over to the Fishbowl and complained about it over some free drinks served by our favorite DH.
The we decided it was a good idea to go back to the RHB and try it again.
Nope- thank you!
We gave it one more shot by trying to go in the back way.
There was a bouncer back there. A total cocksmooch/deuchsbag looking guy.
He was busy handling some other drunk trying to get in and ignoring us. We started to walk into the entrance when I spotted a bucket of apples.
What seems silly to me now, seemed like a very good idea at the time. I decided to pick up an apple and hurl it as hard as a could into the parking lot. I think I might have wanted to see it smash- who knows, I blame Vodka Cranberry for that decision.
The bouncer guy promptly averted his attention from the poor drunk bastard to me.
He started yelling, I started yelling, and the next thing I knew we were headed back to the Fishbowl- home sweet home.
we never made it into the RHB.
I hope they don't have apples at Prom.

You like apples?
I got kicked out of sneaking into the RHB- how you like them apples?!!!!

4 comments:

Bill Teets said...

lol

1. You should see how often I move the table lamps so that they are aligned with each other as you aprroach the living room from the hallway. I can't fathom living in an environment where the coffee table, entertainment center, couch, etc are not all perfectly centered.

2. It was in 2006 - the apple incident. And no, I should never have to pay. I drink at least $100 worth of booze each time I am in there off which they make like 300% profit, so they don't need to squeeze an extra $5 out of me at the door. if you actually knew the amount of money those places actually make in what amounts to a 4 month span, you wold be sick and refuse to pay as well.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, bill. i used to be ocd with those type of things as well. i imagine it will return now that i no longer live with my parents.

Anonymous said...

Layla (our dog) has OCD!

Balls Deep

dudethatsrad said...

hahahahaha

Since I know Bill and Bill Teets I love and understand both these stories. RHB are jerks, except the one who went inside and stole a bucket for me which I now use for a shower caddy.