Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Belated

I forgot to write a special Birthday blog for Dudethatsrad, so here goes...

4-22-08

Happy Birthday Dudethatsrad!!!!
You are now legal in Canada which means.... A TRIP TO PELEE WINERY must happen!
This is the girl for whom I must watch the Hills every Monday night. I could DVR it and watch the Bachelor live instead but then I couldn't text with her back and forth about our favorite West Coast group of friends.
Example: this past episode, I was watching and did not have my phone in my room. When a blast from the past showed up- STEVEN!!- I knew, just knew, that she was having the same reaction as I was- and sure enough when I went to check my phone, there was a text from her voicing the same joy at seeing our old fav. once again.

Although I am not the same age as her, I'm wayyy older (boo hoo)- I still know we have loads in common- she is who I like to belt out songs with (and then listen to the recorded version of us singing to a cell phone- Guster!!)- she is who I instantly forward any celebrity gossip to- she is my brother's BFF (lol)- she is just as "good" of a driver as I am- she makes me laugh and laugh- plus when Bill and I win the lottery and get Island jobs, she is who I would like to work with on the docks (Bill can work inside the Boardwalk, I want to mentor under Dudethatsrad outside on the gas docks).

She is also the one who completely understands that she did not get a birthday card (yet) bc of my stupidity (I dropped it in our mortgage payment box instead of the postal box- we were about to go to the airport, you all know my brain turns mushy on flying day!)

I'm just really really glad that Bill has the COOLEST younger sister (other than my own blood sister, maybe a tie?) in the world!!!! I can't wait to share more summer Island stories with you Dudethatsrad!!


Happy Birthday (again)!!!

5 comments:

Bill Teets said...

19! A trip to Pelee is a must...

Anonymous said...

Too bad you no longer have a boat. I guess you could always steal the Oh Bay Me II...I wouldn't care, just watch out for that dock at Pelee - Teets should know all about that...
AngJohn

Jennie said...

Here is the story AngJohn was speaking of:
(from Bill)

basically we were docked, the wind picked up while we were inside a restaurant eating and some people came running in asking if anyone here had a boat called “Hornet”. The waves were slamming the boat against the dock so we had to jump in and move it while 4 foot waves were slamming us against the dock

dudethatsrad said...

hahaha I am honored by this post :) Pelee is a must. I am a Hills fanatic, and Steven was top 10 moments of my life, and we definetly need to go to another Guster concert sometime...and also eat a lot on onion dip over the summer!

dudethatsrad said...

ps. would love to train you on the gas dock!!