Monday, May 5, 2008

Flo-rida

Well we are back from vacation.

sigh.

sniff.

The sigh is because I wish I was back at the condo pool.

The sniff is because I miss my family.

I love Ohio and being here with Bill more than anything, I just wish sometimes my family was closer than a 2 1/2 hour drug-induced (more on that later) plane ride away.


Anyhow- this trip was really nothing more than laying out at the pool and eating.

We made a new friend at the pool:


A giant iguana!!
Apparently they run around the pool like they own it or something.
We also got reaquainted with old "friends"-
A lady whose husband moved halfway across the world.
A lady (Di?) who wouldn't leave Bill and I alone about burning in the sun (although she was actually right about me)
Mostly just seeing people who oil themselves up and bake in the hot sun. Then need to cool off and lay in the pool on the exact same raft that everyone else has.
I got to see my mom in her full "Vice-President of the Condo Board" glory as she tried to get someone towed from her private parking lot.
We watched more than enough hockey- we waited everyday for my brother to wake up before 2pm- I got into a fight at the condo gym:
7:30am JAR goes to gym
Most of the time I was alone.
Around 25 minutes or so later, people started coming in to workout- they all seemed to know each other (of course) and smiled pleasantly at me.
Then another lady walked in.
Apparently I was on "HER" elliptical machine. Did she actually tell me this? No.
She walked around, glaring at me, and huffing and puffing until I got off and snapped at her.
No- I wasn't nice.
I'm the VP's daughter, I can do whatever I want to!!
:)
And we ate.
Good food.
I learned that I don't know how to put sun-block on which resulted in what looks like a horrific rash all over my body.
Yes, Bill made fun of me. Along with the rest of my family.
Bill got to drive a vintage 66' Corvette.
I cried for about 2 hours prior to leaving and we were off- back to Ohio.
After going drug-free on the flight to NYC a couple of weeks ago, I decided that this trip would be too "long" to do that so I took some sleeping pills.
For a 2 hour 20 minute flight.
Not a good idea.
Did I meet all my mom's condo board friends when we first arrived? Sure I did.
No memory.
Did I drool over myself on the flight back while Bill enjoyed himself with snacks and a movie?
Yep!
We get home and I could physically barely keep my eyes open the rest of the night.
Now I am back at work.
Sent our $$$ in for our Golf cart (he upgraded us to a 2000 model- vs. 1999)
Boo-yah!

No comments: