Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm a tad crabby today...

So it's 10:49am on a Friday.
This week seemed to take forever...
We pick up the golf cart today which is exciting!
Bill will leave work early to go meet the guy (he is towing the cart from Canton to Catawba and meeting Bill at the ferry dock) and will take Mr. D.
I will leave after work and take Buster (I can handle a lot of things, I can not handle taking both dogs alone on the ferry- there are way too many IDIOTS in the world who act like our dogs are the first dogs they have ever seen...I basically have been reduced to telling them that one of the dogs bites and to stay away)
:)

I got to work late today because I had an APPOINTMENT to get my oil changed. I stressed APPOINTMENT because....I don't know why the hell they take APPOINTMENTS when they don't adhere to them.
All I wanted was a simple oil change, it is easy, I know because I have done them myself before (I dated a guy back when I was in high school who LOVED cars, lowriders, long story...
Anyhow after about an hour and half of waiting I decided that I needed to go remind them I was sitting there- here is what I am told.
"Oh yeah, your car has been ready"
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!!
When was it ready?
Oh not sure.
Why wasn't I told?
Not sure.
Are you a FUCKING moron?!!
(ok so I didn't say that last one)

Anyhow that is the last time I go to that place- I'd tell you the name of it, but I got my car there for free (from work) so I'll keep the name to myself.

Last night was a nice night, I think Bill felt a little more relaxed.
I made him dinner- a comfort meal of sorts "Chicken and Hashbrown Casserole"- I invented it as I was cooking it, turned out pretty good.

Chicken, cooked (I boil my chicken, cooks fast)
Mix together: can of cream of chicken soup, a little bit of butter, a little bit of sour cream.
Take a bag of hasbrowns (defrosted) and dump into casserole dish.
Add in chicken (cut up)
Pour soup mixture in.
Mix all together.
Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes at 375.

I served it with green beans.
Healthy? Not really although it isn't too bad.
But I wanted Bill to be able to lay on the couch and eat something comforting and warm.

While dinner was cooking, we had a nice, what I like to call "House Hunter" moment in the kitchen.
House Hunters is one of our favorite shows (oh god I think we are now officially in their target demographic, 30 and above- VOMIT).
Anyhow there never fails to be a moment in that show where they go into the kitchen and make some remark about how "great it is for entertaining". People love the word "entertaining".
So I set Bill up at our kitchen island with some cheese and crackers and we remarked how well our island was for "entertaining"- it was cheesy , whatever....

This morning in the gym I encountered the couple who is usually in there with me in the mornings.
She runs on the treadmill.
He on the other hand, does...well....not much.
He starts off on the elliptical machine and while I am barely able to breathe trying to say over 85 (rpms or whatever they are called)- he is marching along comfortably at say 35? 40?
I think he stays on the elliptical for about 15 minutes and then grabs a magazine and sits on a bike. I don't really use the bikes but Bill does, and Bill sweats.
This guy does not sweat.
In fact, Bill told me one day he was in there with him and the guy got up to TURN THE FANS OFF! As if he was getting a chill in there.
Hey buddy, the thought is, when you are in the gym YOU SWEAT AND GET HOT!- therefore the fans....

I want to say to him, why do you bother to wake up so freaking early if you aren't even going to do anything in there?

Oh well, whatever I guess....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You touch my niece and I'll Kill You!!!!!...good ol Franco
god

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing... I remember that guy... he had a purple truck -- TOOL!!! LOL