Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Songs

Ok so pretty much every morning I have been waking up at 5:30am to walk the dogs and then go hit the gym (in our building).
I am mentally unable to motivate myself to do this without having my Ipod Nano with me.
For example, if it doesn't work, I don't go work out.
I need the music to keep me going and I like fast music to keep me working out at a high speed.
(I like to feel as though I am going to throw up when I get done working out).

I have decided to share my music playlist for working out.
All songs were picked for a reason.
They are fast, and I know the words.
This is crucial.
There are a lot of dance songs (like from Underworld) that I know would be good, but I need lots of lyrics to sing along to.

I will write some notes next to songs that you might be questioning (like umm there is a Celine Dion song on there).....

Song/Artist

Another Sunny Day/Belle and Sebastian
The Longest Time/Billy Joel
Lord of the Dance (with the tapping sounds included!)
Ready to Die/Andrew WK
4 Minutes/Madonna- Justin Timberlake
Oops I Did Again/Britney Spears
When you were young/The Killers
The Way I Are/Timbaland
Drunken Lullabies/Flogging Molly
Run Away/Real McCoy
Walking on Sunshine/Katrina and the Waves
Fix you/Coldplay
Sweetest Girl/Wyclef Jean (Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll)
Love and Memories/OAR
Holiday/Greenday
Head over Heels/The Go-Go's
An Honest Mistake/The Bravery
Wake me up before you go go/ Wham
Harder to Breathe/ Maroon 5
L.O.V.E./Ashlee Simpson
I'm shipping up to Boston/Dropkick Murphys
And we danced/ The Hooters
Tessie/Dropkick Murphys
Another night/ Real McCoy
Hazy shade of winter/ The Bangles
Take a chance on me/ ABBA
Gloria/Laura Brannigan
Closer/Nine Inch nails
Gotta be startin something/Michael Jackson
500 Miles/ The Proclaimers
Gimme More/ Britney Spears
Wonderful Day/ OAR
See you again /Miley Cyrus
Yeah/Usher
Wherever Whenever/ Shakira
Crazy game of Poker/ OAR
Glamorous/ Fergie
MMBop/ Hanson
River Deep Mountain High/ Celine Dion (yes I know, lame, but it's a song from my sister's high school drill team days and it's fun and I can remember her whole routine and how my mom cried every performance)
Mr. Brightside/ The Killers
Little of your time/ Maroon 5
Salty Dog/ Flogging Molly
Suddenly I see/ KT Tunstall
Just like Honey/ Jesus and Mary Chain (the closing song for the movie "Lost in Translation" one of my favorite scenes in a movie)
Stronger/ Britney Spears
I dont feel like dancing/ Scissor Sisters
Tell me baby/ Red hot chili peppers
First Date/ Blink 182
Laid/ James
Makes me Wonder/ Maroon 5
Snow/ Red hot chili peppers
Wake up call/ Maroon 5


So now you know what I am doing at f-ing 6am every morning and what I sing along to while my body is screaming at me to stop and get the f back into bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh MY! You have Wham! on there. I love them. Guilty pleasure of mine. I imagine that everyone else has an embarrassing pop sensation they secretly dig.
My mother and my aunt would blast "Everything She Wants," "I'm Your Man," "Father Figure" and "One More Try" in the house, the car, at my Nana's house. So, they're part of my childhood memories. I will be seeing George Michael with my sisters in July at Madison Square Garden.
Where was I going with this long ass comment down memory lane? Oh yeah. Add "Everything She Wants."