Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Get in mah belly!

so I am a pretty open-minded person when it comes to food.
I like to try new things (as long as they don't look or smell gross or is a bug).
But for lunch, I get into these periods where I eat the same thing everyday for a long long time.
In high school the last 2 years, I had a bagel/cream cheese and sour cream and onion chips. I also had a string cheese (or as my family calls it "strip cheese").
The first year I taught 4th grade I had the same thing everyday for the entire school year- Lean Cuisine Healthy Choice Sesame Chicken. It grossed out the people I ate with after a while but I happily chomped away.
The past couple of months it has been Subway:
6 inch Turkey on wheat
no cheese
lettuce
tomato
spinach
salt/pepper
Sweet Onion sauce

and Baked Lays.
everyday.
It got to be when I walked in, the lady just started making it.
But you know I had some problems with a dumb beyotch who sometimes worked the lunch shift at Subway when I went in, so I started straying.

Now it is sushi.
There is a grocery store, Heinen's (or as Timmy calls it: Hymens), that makes it fresh to order everyday.
I also get some fruit: strawberries, canteloupe and grapes.
I've eaten this meal everyday now for a couple of weeks.

I'm curious to see when I won't want it anymore. Right now, I can't even think about eating a Subway sandwich. After that year I ate the same thing everyday, I couldn't even really look at a box without gagging.

I'm weird.
I know.

Speaking of food, I am really looking forward to getting back on the Island and chowing down on some Lobster Bisque and some Chicken Pit!!!!!!
Lobster Bisque- pretty self explanatory (it is the BEST I have ever had- it has HUGE chunks of lobster floating around in the dreamy creamy soup)
Chicken Pit- basically a really long open grill with millions (ok whatever) of chickens cooking.
They baste it in some kind of wine/butter sauce.
(and the angels sing)

3 comments:

Bill Teets said...

all of this and no metion of corn flakes?

Anonymous said...

what kind of sushi?

Jennie said...

usually veggie.
sometimes shrimp and avocado.
sometimes shrimp sushimi.
I don't like tuna.
I don't like cream cheese in my sushi.