Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More insight on JAR

So there are some words that make me cringe when I hear them let alone if I ever have to actually say them:
(in no particular order)

1. Moist: the phonetic sound of this word is what gets to me. The "moi" sound. I don't have a lot to say on this one other than I don't like it.

2. Panties: I call them "underwear"- whatever kind they are, granny, thongs, bikini..."Panties" makes me think of something pink and lacey and old. And dirty. I don't know why.

3. Lover: this might be my #1 most hated word. I don't like saying it- I don't like any references to it. For example there is a Rod Stewart song I like, goes like:
"You're in my heart, you're in my soul. You'll be my breath should I grow old. You are my LOVER (VOMIT), you're my best friend. You're in my heart...."
There is however a really funny (old) SNL skit with Will Ferrell and the ugly rat girl where they are a couple and constantly call each other "Lover"- that one makes me laugh.
Also somewhat related to this, I HATE seeing people kiss on tv. I am shy and usually hide behind a pillow asking Bill to tell me when they are done. It makes me uncomfortable and I don't like the suction noises that sometimes accompany these kisses.
One scene that stands out in my head is in the movie "Top Gun" when Tom Cruise and the woman are leaning against a wall (and then also when they are in bed) and you can see his tongue go in and out of her mouth. GAG ME! GROSS!!!


4. Titties: ugh- this one makes me think of old National Geographic magazines of tribes in Africa. You know, the ones where the woman run around topless and their "titties" hang down to their knees. Gross

Runner-up:
*"duty"- This one has nothing to do with the meaning. More of how it sounds when you say it.
I was teaching 4th grade one year, and this was one of our spelling words. Come Friday, when it was spelling test time, I stayed away from saying this one out loud for the kids to write down. Instead I wrote it on the board and had them use it in a sentence.

p.s. Vanna- you are a lucky bitch and if you don't get on IM everyday to talk to me, I will be mad. Come on, we can do more online shopping together!!!
She's a teacher.
It's summer.
Figure out why I might be jealous of her....

7 comments:

Bill Teets said...

I make my lover's panties moist all the time...

Jennie said...

BLUSHING OVER HERE

Anonymous said...

Get a room!!!

Balls Deep

Anonymous said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth!

-Vanna

Anonymous said...

I'd like to nominate 'tender' as an honorary mention. For some reason my mother loves to use this word (as in 'when hunky Richard Gere proposed to Julia Roberts in that movie it was so tender I cried,') and it makes me kind of want to vomit... Tender should only be used when cooking or talking about food.

Anonymous said...

i find "duty" rather amusing.

Jennie said...

"tender" has been officially recognized.
yuck
"The chicken is tender"- yes that is ok.
Describing a moment as "tender"- not ok.

yuck.