Monday, June 2, 2008

On the DL

so somehow I "pulled a hammie" this weekend.
Well actually I know how, the dumb gym- but the weird thing is, it was a delayed pulled hamstring.
Who knows, but it hurt like a beyotch.
I had a great nurse- Bill T.!
He iced it, massaged it, went out and got me cream to put on it and did all of the dog walking and cooking.
I rewarded him by taking him to see "Sex and the City"!
lol
Don't worry, I paid for everything- tickets, popcorn and dinner.
The movie? No spoilers here but it was good overall- I left happy.

Dinner is another story.
The movie lasted a lot longer than I expected- 2 hours or something- so by the time we got out, I made the decision we should go home to take care of the dogs rather than stay out to eat.
I thought that I would just make us something at home.
When we got home, it turned out that I didn't feel like cooking so we decided to order dinner.
The first place we thought of, naturally was the place downstairs.
Big surprise- although open, they did not answer the phone.
WTF is wrong with those people? I wish I could have a sit-down with the owner and just list all the f-ed up things that are wrong with her restaurant/bar/coffee shop/lounge L-E-A-K hangout.
So we tried something new and ordered take-out from RockBottom Brewery, right across the street from us.
DELICIOUS AND FAST!!!
Isn't it somewhat pathetic that we are now going to start ordering dinner from a place across the street from us vs. the place that is IN OUR BUILDING??!!!
I still want to figure out a way to communicate to the inept owner downstairs that her place sucks in terms of all they built it up to be when they used it as a selling point to buy the condo.

Screw the restaurant though- the real selling point of our condo is our balcony on a weekend night.
I think that Bill is going to write about that so I'll let him tell all on that one.
Highlights:
-people lasering pointing drunk people
-a gazillion cops
- the one-way/wrong way street
-Gyros

Happy Monday- yeah right- f Mondays.

1 comment:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i love rock bottom! chicken enchiladas... mmmmm.