Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm a lucky lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the best 4th of July weekend I have ever had.
First and most importantly because Bill decided that I was the girl for him and he asked me to marry him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I said yes. (do people really mean that when they ask you, I mean DUH, who wouldn't say yes to the best boy ever!)
Anyhow, Bill proposed the best way I could have hoped for:
I'll give you the highlights.
-we were with all of our closest friends at our favorite place, PIB.
-every single person knew but me
-he timed it perfectly and asked me to marry him during the finale of the fireworks
-I geeked out and started shouting "what are you doing?!! what are you doing?!!" as he was proposing.
-MY RING IS ABSOLUTELY F-ING AMAZING!!!!!! I can't stop staring at it, I'm like a teenage boy who has just discovered a girl's chest and can't take his eyes off of that area
-in a pure moment of unselfishness, EM (who coincidentally shares my birthday) offered her phone light so that I could see my ring better and then accidentaly dropped it in the lake
-after celebrating with each other and our friends for a couple of minutes, we ran over to meet his parents and Dudethatsrad who were waiting with Champagne- perfect!!
-becoming engaged around your friends who like to buy shots can be dangerous!


Second reason and this was pretty amazing was that Angry Johnny and Nutmeg girl's flight did NOT get cancelled as I previously mentioned...they drove to Ohio on purpose with the best surprise ever for Bill- a keg of Palm Beer!!!!
You may remember that Bill and I bought tix to NY on a total spur of the moment back in the Spring because AJ and NG sent a phone message of themselves drinking Palm. I am going to let Bill talk more about this because it was his surprise.
But it was amazing of them and I feel lucky to marry someone who has such AMAZING friends!!

Other highlights of the weekend... (in no particular order)
-Rob Deer "light"
-TNash's doggie almost eating a giant snake
-Egg Toss at Middle Bass Island and Angry Johnny's decision to nail 80sBand with an egg at 90 miles per hour from 6 inches away. Egg-shaped bruises are pretty cool.
-Captain D's brother (formerly known as GraveDigger) deciding that it was "appropriate" to take a dump in Lake Erie...right in front of all of us.
-the yelling of "THATSWHATSHESAID" heard on average of every 4 minutes
-Fishbowl Thumper...WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME?!!!
-Another Boardwalk softball win!
-Did I mention I got engaged???? Did I mention I LOVE MY RING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-El Guapo- the first adult that I have seen lose total motor control in a long time...
-MCD's unfortunate ticket
-Party Barge fun
-when Captain D's laxatives FINALLY kicked in...
-I drove our golf cart alone for the first time and used a hand signal (although I'm about 95% sure it was the wrong signal)

I know there are plently of more memories I am leaving out.
Feel free to share one in a comment!!!

Jennifer Teetskin McRublichtell

4 comments:

Bill Teets said...

BTW, what do I get for winning the bet (about remembering the fireworks)?

mollyCLE said...

ohh teetskin you lucky lady!!!

Jennie said...

that is true.
I need to think about that one...
Have anything in mind?
At this point, and that ring, you can pretty much ask for anything and get it!
;)

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

congratulations! that is so exciting and seriously sounds like the best proposal ever. and the friends bringing in a keg from NY! damn, that is some serious dedication.

congrats again!