Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's all who you know

So I had to have my RING resized because it was a little big and I don't want that sucker going anywhere....
I called the jewelry story where Bill purchased the ring and explained that I wanted to bring it in and asked if it would be possible to get it back the same day.
Jewelry guy: "Oh no ma'am that takes us a couple of days"
Well I didn't like that answer.
So....I decided to name drop.
JAR: "Oh really because ____ (Bill's dad) told me it could be done in a day"
Jewelry guy: "OHHHHHH You're the one!!!"
Yep, it will be done by 4:30 today.
Incidentally when I went in to drop the ring off, there is a GIANT picture of Bill's dad with the Jewelry store owner hanging on the wall.

I miss my ring....

3 comments:

Bill Teets said...

I hate name dropping, but hey, sometimes its necessary :)

Don't forget to pick it up! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Bull Shit -- everyone says they hate name dropping, but when you got a name to drop you let that sucker fly!!! As the title implied "it is all who you know".

dudethatsrad said...

i need to see this giant picture!