Monday, February 11, 2008

Down South

Teets and I had a really great time in the ATL. It was a quiet weekend overall but we all had some really great laughs and a TON of food.


One of my favorite moments was when Teets' Grandfather asked me if I knew what "MARTA" stood for....well I know what I think it stands for but I was not sure I should share that explanation of the acronym, so just as I was about to explain that I knew a possible explanation, Grandpa Teets started telling me the exact meaning that I was thinking of! Moving -------- Rapidly Thru Atlanta!! It was great.


Also in the neighborhood they live in, a man owns a parcel of land that he wanted to split into 3 so he could build 3 houses and make more money. The neighborhood association said "no" so apparently he got angry and wanted to make the exisiting house on the property as ugly as he could and a huge eyesore for the surrounding neighbors. Remember we are in Georgia...University of Georgia territory...so he painted the house orange and blue, he painted a full football field on the roof complete with "Gator" endzones, he painted a huge "F" on the frontyard, and there were concrete alligators covering the lawn painted orange and blue. It was the most beautiful house these UF alumni eyes have ever seen. I asked Teets if we could buy the house "as is" ...you can imagine his response....


Speaking of Gator Haters...we had some guests stay at our condo while we were out of town. I got lots of text messages saying various UF/OSU championship items had accidentaly been thrown off the balcony or peed on...


I guess they had a great time at Captain D's housewarming party...here is the last text message I received at around 2:30am (looks like they didn't need to use the air mattress)


I've also upgrade myself from "The Worst Person to Fly With" to "Someone who is ok to fly with but might get a little scared". No drugs! And I didn't freak out. Teets said I had 100% improvement! Flying back into Cleveland in the middle of a snowstorm was no fun but I didn't urinate on myself or scare any passengers around me! Job well done!

14 comments:

Bill Teets said...

notihng better than being so drunk you can't walk another 5 feet to the couch so you just face plant on the floor. At least our floors were clean!

Anonymous said...

Who is that a picture of?
AngJohn

Anonymous said...

Good ol' 80's band had to "rest" on the floor...after dropping his blackberry 7 times in the cab.

He passed out in the cab and the cab driver didn't know where he was going, but I somehow helped him find it (after getting Taco Bell).

btw..I helped him to the couch after laughing at him on the ground for 5-10 minutes. When he didn't move or respond, the fun was over.

Rob Deer

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Gator fans: Being from the great state of Connecticut I've stayed out of this LEIC Buckeye / Gator debate...until now.

On Saturday I (and 5 other angry neighbors) waited around in the laundry room for over 2 hours while some chump used 4 of the 8 dryers to get his Florida gator gear super-dry. We're talking flannel sheets and pillow cases, a fleece blanket, sweatshirts, and who knows what else.

Everytime he would come in to check his stuff (about 20 minutes after the dryer turned off) he'd put his ugly gator paw in the dryer and then swear up a storm that his dryer jammed full of flannel wasn't dry yet. I'm guessing that even a Uconn Huskie fan could have figured out that shoving as many clothes as physically possible into the machine might have been the problem. But not this guy.

Now, I'd don't care that much about football, but I'm going to have to root against the gators because I can't support a team with fans like that. And, if I run into that tool again I might have to call on Angry Johnny, who has graciously offered to pee on all that glorious gator gear and throw it out the window.

GO BUCKS!

Jennie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't go to the dark side Nutmeg girl!!! You are the smartest woman I know- WHY WHY WHY would you root for a team that LOSES and become a NATIONAL JOKE?! (CHOKE)
I can provide no explanation about the washer/dryer situation other than Gators believe in cleanliness. I know that as a Buckeye "fan" AngJohnny might believe that soap and lake water=cleaning yourself...
I blame the washer and dryers.

Anonymous said...

Question: Who meticulously cleans our condo, The Gator or The Buckeye? Right, so "Gators believe in cleanliness" is out the window.

Teets

Jennie said...

ok I'll give you that but I will also throw out 3 days at PIB, no shower and no brushing of your teeth right back at ya!!

Anonymous said...

I am a bit scared to ask the following question for fear of getting the answer I am expecting. Did Teets get any kisses during those 3 days? If so, this may be an indictment on both of you.

When's Teets' birthday? I have an old toothbrush that I used to use to clean Layla's teeth (our dog). Better that then nothing right?

Balls Deep

Jennie said...

the sad thing is I love Teets dirty or clean so there is no real motivation for him once we get off the Ferry at PIB to do any real bodily cleansing.

Anonymous said...

I agree that cleanliness is a good thing. But have you considered how it is possible that this 30-something year old guy got mountains of dirty gator gear all at once? (He lives in NYC so it's guaranteed that we're talking about a relatively small apt).

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that he has been letting it pile up in a stinky mess for weeks, months, or possibly the entire football season, and now that the bowl games are over and the superbowl has passed, he finally found the time to turn off sports center and hit the laundry room.

Plus, is it just me, or is it weird that this dude has gator sheets? I mean, come on, is he 8? Where were his NKOTB sheets?

Jennie said...

that is gross.
I am removing him from the "official" list of UF fans- from now on he is just a poser who sleeps in a bed of scary bedbugs.
Next time we are in NYC, I will find him and tell him he is a disgusting human being.
I will then say "go gators" and continue with my day.

Bill Teets said...

Go Gators...forget cancer, go do laundry.

dudethatsrad said...

ewewewew bill teets brush your teeth.
sincerely, your loving sister.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Spending hundreds of dollars going to Columbus, buying tickets to the Horseshoe, partying on High Street didn't fully sway you one way or the other...but the run-in with the man-boy with the flannel orange/blue sheets did the job. Welcome to the right side of the tracks.
AngJohn