Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shoot it! Shoot it!!!!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Navy plans to take a shot Wednesday at destroying a faltering spy satellite before it can tumble to Earth and -- possibly -- release a cloud of toxic gas.

A Delta II rocket lifts off, carrying a reconnaissance satellite that failed hours later.

Sailors on the USS Lake Erie plan to fire a missile into space from a spot west of Hawaii around 10:30 p.m. ET Wednesday, Pentagon sources said. They hope to destroy the 5,000-pound spy satellite that malfunctioned just after launch in December 2006.


Also Teets watched "Blood Diamond" last night and he really enjoyed it. I popped in and out of the room but found Mr. Titanic's "accent" a little comical. But the parts of the movie I saw were pretty good.
HBO/Cinimax have taken over our condo.
I have 3 movies to watch today when I get home:
Parenthood- one of my FAVORITES!- plus scenes in the movie were filmed in Gainesville,FL!
Shawshank- no explanation necessary other than the fact that a member of my family loves it so much he will even watch it in Spanish because he has every line memorized.
My Super Ex-girlfriend- I like Luke Wilson. I know the movie won't be that great but...

Also on queue: The Break-Up- anything with Vince Vaughn in it is worth watching. I basically dork laugh during an entire movie when he is in it. "She had me below deck for 45 minutes. I have no bodily fluids left!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite line from parenthood is from Keanu Reeves (in surfer tone, holding a camera)..."to record our love..."

I use that line at least once a month.

I used to watch that movie all the time when I was 11 years old. Does that help explain anything?

Rob Deer

Jennie said...

LOLOLOLOLOL
"to record our love"
yes!

I like the kid named "Cool"

It explains everything Rob Deer...everything...


;)