Monday, February 18, 2008

I miss teaching

but only on days like today when it seems everyone has off of work but me. Last summer was especially hard as it was the FIRST summer I've ever had to work. When the end of May rolled around, my brain started to shut down, only for me to have to tell it to get up and think because work was not over for the next 3 months.
It really sucked.
It also sucked this morning when my alarm went off and Teets got to stay in bed snoring while I had to get up and take care of the dogs and get myself to work. I guess helping the dead is a 24/7 kinda job.
If/when I am ever in charge, we're going to be closed on all days that banks/courts are closed and people will just have to deal with it.

The plus side is that today is Monday and I have my shows to look forward to. Paradise Hotel 2 looks like it could turn into something great- too soon to tell.

The other great news that I thought Teets might blog about, is that we helped the economy on Saturday by spending lots of money on new, fun things for the condo.
Saturday was a gorgeous day, maybe the first time the sun was out in a while. As a girl from the south, where sunny days aren't really a big deal, this was a new experience for me. People came out in DROVES and it was like shopping on Christmas eve day or something. Every place we went was jammed-packed. I guess people had been going a little stir-crazy and as soon as that sun peeked out over Cleveland, they all ran to their cars and the stores.

Anyhow we got a new table and some barstool chairs, along with a rug (that we had to order) and some director's chairs for the balcony. It was great to have my new BFF SUV to stuff everything into. We got it all home, got it set up and spent the rest of the day in a giddy stupor loving our condo as if it was brand new all over again.

The retail section of our building opened up as well that night so we headed downstairs to sample their alcohol before going out for the night with JB and his lady friend. You will all be happy to know that Teets and I decided their alcohol was to our liking and whenever anyone comes to visit, we will let you have a try.

I could also mention that we discovered we have pigs as neighbors and that apparently wiping pizza sauce all over doors is appropriate to them- but I'm going to let Teets handle that one.

If you have the day off, I'm jealous. If you are working, know that I am suffering along with you....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am at work today, and yes, it sucks.
AngJohn

dudethatsrad said...

I had classes, it was awful. I feel your pain.