Monday, February 4, 2008

SUPER Super Bowl

I am typing this blog with sort of a heavy heart. Football is over. What will Teets and I do with our weekends? March Madness brings some solace but that is a month away- go Cavs?
Anyhow, yesterday was a superb football day for me!

1. The Giants beat the Douchbagriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the hate?
-I love Teets. Teets despises Belichek. I don't quite understand how he was such a BAD coach with the Browns and now he is some sort of coaching prodigy?! He is just an asshole in general.
-I HATE Tom Brady. I hate his chin dimple. I hate that he is an absentee father. I thought he was not funny on SNL.

2. I ate my weight in superbowl munchies. There was so much good food. People often ask us why we choose to go to Teets' parents' house for football instead of a bar. Here is why:
-great seating, comfy couch that I can lay on and moan when my belly is stuffed with:
-FOOD- chicken enchiladas, all the chips and dip you could want, Chili (Teets made this- YUM!)- crackers and cheese, hot onion/cheese dip, wings, stuffed peppers, plenty of beer in the fridge, apple fritter cake thing
-we can bring the dogs (you already know how I feel about leaving them at home)
-good company, plenty of laughing all day- I can overeat and curse all I want to.
-HUGE tv- great surround sound

So then there were the commercials. What did everyone think? All in all, we were not that impressed. We are a pretty good sample of the national audience I think. People in their 20s, 30s, 50s and 60s. Pretty much our reaction was "ehhh"- there was some laughing out loud. I think we all liked the Godfather one (I think it was for Audi)- there was a great Will Ferrell one- I think that was for some kind of water(?). I liked the Thriller one with Naomi Campbell and some dancing lizards (again, I think for some kind of water?) mostly because I love the Thriller song and the dance. The Clydesdales being trained by the Dalmation was cute (like the "Rocky" take-off). But with all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they spend, I was not too impressed.

Halftime show: LOVED IT! I really love Tom Petty and he picked great songs to sing. Timely selection? maybe not. But I think classics are always great to sing along to.

Best part of pre-game show? When they showed clips of Ryan Seacrest playing high school football and one of the announcer guys (Terry Bradshaw?) commented how he thought the only way he would ever see Ryan Seacrest on a football field was if he was wearing a cheerleader's uniform! greatness.

Paula Abdul? hideous- I hid behind a pillow.

Not sure if Teets will include this in his blog- but he had some steam coming out of his head during the pre-game shows. Behind his madness?: people waving to the cameras. I agreed with him. Those are people I would direct a sharp shooter to take aim at. And when they are waving and on their cellphones at the same time? I call for instant decapitation. (coincidentally I was also calling for the decapitation of Tom Brady during the game, but I digress....)

So in the end, three people called this game correctly:
-Frank Caliendo
-Mike Ditka
-my father (as Dol-fan, he did not want to see the '72 record fall to the evilness of the Scumtriots)

ok more later!

2 comments:

Bill Teets said...

oh yeah - I forgot about the waivers. I might have to write about that. I was also all fired up about the Spygate thing. Enough already. Stop spending my tax dollars trying to figure out if the Pats beat the Eagles b/c they video taped practice.

dudethatsrad said...

i agree, commercials were no good.even jt's dissappointed me