Tuesday, February 12, 2008

High Hopes

My name is JAR. I love tv. I especially love reality tv, or what they label as reality tv.
Monday nights were The Hills. I would get all comfy and cozy in the bed with the doggies (Teets had school) and anxiously wait for 10pm (the 10 spot!) to arrive so I could watch and then be able to discuss the next day/text that night with Teets' mom and sister, Dudethat'srad. Now I am just waiting for the new season to start so I can see the girls in gay Paris. Plus it was very exciting because Nutmeg girl actually saw Lauren in the elevator- short, pretty, and wears lots of make-up- THRILLING news to me!

Now Monday nights are for Jon and Kate plus 8 (TLC). Could there BE a more perfect show for me? Reality tv + a funny dad + an obsessive compulsive mom + 1/2 AMERICAN 1/2 ASIAN children!!!!!!!! (for those that don't know, I could eat an asian baby- I have a theory that if I were to walk down the street with a little asian no one would really look twice, especially if I wore eye liner on my bottom lashes- I'm known as "Moo Goo Gai Pan" in my family, not because of my love of Chinese food, but because of my resemblance to the people that make the Chinese food). I love this show so much that my sister and brother-in-law (Balls Deep) and I are actually in the works about planning some sort of road trip to PA to find this family. Teets would be "dragged" along, although I think he would enjoy it as he gets a kick out of this show as well (I think mostly because the dad, Jon, is a pretty funny guy). Balls Deep and I have already discussed different stalking options ranging from just parking in front of their house to wandering around local stores where we see them shop.

So last night while waiting for 9pm to come and watch Jon and Kate plus 8- I was surfing the TV guide and saw.........PARADISE HOTEL 2!!!!!! (at the same time as J&K+8)
STOP THE PRESSES!
I knew the show was returning to air but didn't know what time it was scheduled to shown.
I instantly hit the "record" option (have to watch the asians live) and today it's all I can think about. I was obsessed with the show when it was on before...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374440/fullcredits#cast
Charla, Amy, Zack, that girl Toni with the bug eyes and all the rest of them- it was addicting!
They were such assholes and beyotches that I absolutely could not miss one episode. I would scream at the tv and think of what I would do if I was part of that "cast". The finale left a void- Charla really f*cked some people over.
One of my favorite moments:
Zack: I'll see you in Arizona with about 50 guys. (says this to Keith after he got him kicked off the show)
Ohhhhh what times! The plotting and backstabbing- it was greatness!

And now we have season 2.
http://www.foxreality.com/PH2/

I wish for world peace, an end to horrible diseases, a way to make my pug live forever, everyone in the world to have food and shelter, and for Paradise Hotel 2 to be as f-ing great as the first season.

4 comments:

Bill Teets said...

There is a Reality TV channel that had a Paradise Hotel marathon after the fact that included commentary from the cast. Not only did Charla fist Dave, but she didn't seem to care when being interviewd afterwards. All of those manipulations by people who were more forward about their efforts and you had "helpless" Charla playing victim the whole time while Dave controlled the game...and then she turned out to be the worst one of them all.

Anonymous said...

I have said for YEARS that I wanted to be on one of these reality shows. I actually went so far as to fill out a "Big Brother" application about 5 years ago but never sent it in. I tell Amski all the time, "I could win this shit, these people are all morons",.....except survivor (not a big fan of bugs and killer mosquitos).

Balls Deep

Jennie said...

that is perfect bc Teets is convinced he could win "Survivor".

Anonymous said...

I beleive that guy "Keith" was from Paradise hotel, right? Maybe it was another reality show...well, anyways, he used to be everywhere in Columbus and used his "celebrity status" to his max- to hook up with drunk stupid chicks. I also spoke to him briefly at a halloween party and he couldn't believe that I didn't know who he was...