Monday, February 25, 2008

And it's only 8:38 am!!!

I turn over in bed to look at the alarm clock.
6:30am
No alarm.
I still have no clue why the alarm never went off but it's ok because I was up anyway.
Since 5am.
It gets so hot in our room that it wakes me up and I can feel my hair getting curly and sweaty.
I hate sleeping when it's hot.
I figured because the alarm didn't go off, Bill would not wake up to take care of the dogs (it was his turn- we have a system, we switch off everyday unless one person can successfully beg the other person to do it instead), I woke up to feed them and take them out.
sidenote: At 2am Teets was still not in bed. I blame HBO. We are addicted.
Anyhow I feed them and get dressed to head outside. All is well...until... we get outside. Normally no one is out there. People/other dogs aren't the best company while walking our dogs- our dogs FREAK OUT.
Well this morning it was a freaking dog park outside. It was horrible. Mr. D. was lunging at everything that moved. The pug was screeching and crying and whining. My arms almost came out of their sockets a dozen times while straining to keep them under control.
I dragged them over to a new patch of grass to get away from the zoo that was closer to where I normally walk them. That sucked because it provided all new smells for them to stay busy with instead of doing their business. (Dog owners will know what I mean here:- I could SEE that they had to go to the bathroom but they just wouldn't go- that is the ULTIMATE frustration)
We finally make it back inside.
I get ready for work.
And haul the dogs with me because Mr. D had an appointment with the vet to get his rabies vaccination updated.
We make a pit stop at the gas station because I didn't think I had enough gas to get to the vet, although I was going to go for it (but with my luck so far that morning, we would have run out). While I was getting gas, a caar pulled up behind me and started beeping.
After the morning with crazy monster dogs, I was not in the mood.
I gave the driver (who I couldn't really see) a death glare.
Then the car pulled up to get gas and honked again. At this point, I was like WTF?!!
Just as I was about to let him have it, the door opened and JB got out!
He commented on my death stare!
lol
So off to work-The ride was good. The new car is great with the dogs because there is plenty of room for them both to sit in back and Bill and I bought a new dog bed for the pug so they could each be comfy (Mr. D already has one). Well they both crammed themselves into the new bed, it was really cute. Yes, I took a picture while driving. (but it came out blurry)
We get to the vet, early, but they take us in anyhow, which was great because I had to get to work. The pug starts shaking so badly I thought he was having a seizure. Because he understands English, I explained to him that it was Mr. D having the shot, no him.
So in we go and Mr. D gets his shot....and sh*ts on the table.
More like explosive splatter.
oh the joy.
So now I am at work and they are safely tucked away in the kitchen here with me. (which actually I love because I like checking in on them and seeing how happy they get).
Let's all pray Mr. D does not get into anything or we will have a repeat of this nightmare:
http://jarthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/01/it-all-evens-out-in-end.html

About last night (also the name of a movie I love):
GREATNESS- Bill and I went out to dinner for Cleveland Dining Week. Food was GREAT! We had a good time. It's nice to go on dates every now and then. Then home to watch the Oscars- guess I have to go see some movies because I had not seen any of the movies that were up for awards.

1 comment:

Bill Teets said...

After the Oscars ended, I found myself watching The Departed on Cinemax.

They all still end up with bullets in their head in case you were wondering :)