Monday, March 31, 2008

A bed for a Mexican

Monday already.
blah.

This weekend was pretty fun and productive.
I need to first state that the Chiropractor ruined my body alignment for bowling.
I usually at least get over 100 each game.
This time my scores barely reached 90 each game.
Dammit!!!!!!!
I could feel after my first throw that I was "off"- my ball kept rolling right, which never happened before. It didn't help that Bill was throwing monster strikes on the lanes right next to me. He got a 224!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! We actually had a discussion about him becoming a professional bowler, but that's another story...

After bowling we tried a new bar, Scorchers. The franchise is not new but the location is- service sucked but drinks were chiz-eap!! So not sure if we will hit that place again...

Saturday, Mr. Bill surprised me by taking the doggies out for their am walk. It was really my turn so I decided to lounge in bed for a good portion of the day...but Bill threw a curveball into my plans- he reminded me we had decided to go look for futons/sleeper sofas.

We actually had a sleeper sofa at one point in our guest room. It was THE WORST BED EVER!
I can't even call it a bed. It was a concrete attachment that pulled away from the couch. I will forever feel bad that AngryJohnny and his wife, Nutmeg Girl, had to sleep on it for two night!!
Both the Mexican and my mother were not gentle in each telling us that there was F-ING way there were going to sleep on that thing. So we returned it back to LL Bean.

This time we decided to try a futon because of space and that I finally agreed to get one. I was very against it at first (a futon to me is very "college"). We attempted to buy one about a month or so ago but when we went to pay for it, were told it wouldn't be in until May. Unacceptable- we left.

So on Saturday we resumed the search all over again. Bill had narrowed our search down to a couple of futon-specific stores. The first one we tried "Futon World" was a no-go. They weren't actually open, we think, who knows, it seemed to be a cluster-f*ck in there.
We tried the next store on the list "Norka Futon".
Amazing service!
Loads of choices!
Great value!

We left with a futon and a really super comfy mattress thing.
The Mexican tested it that night and gave it an A+!

The next day was Sunday and instead of laying in bed all day I was productive again!!
Got a rug, worked out, and Bill cleaned the bathrooms!
We were so proud of ourselves that we decided to make Sunday into Sunday Funday!
= drinking

Went to a bar with the Mexican to watch basketball games and encounted the MOST GOD AWFUL ANNOYING LOUD MAN ever.
We moved our seats because we couldn't take it anymore. I was so tempted to pull a line from Coming to America and tell him to SHUT THE F*CK UP!
Then once we moved seats (sat at the bar) we met the "I'm always on my cell phone" bartender woman.
Whatever my teams won, all was well. (not so much for Bill or the Mexican)

Came home and ended our weekend with a little Godfather II.
You are nothing to me Fredo.

Monday suck.
GO TRIBE!!!!

2 comments:

Bill Teets said...

I was so ready to just extend the weekend right through today and go to opening day...unfortunately school is getting in the way...

dudethatsrad said...

Glad you found an acceptable futon : ) Cannot wait for the hills tonight