Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Teen Crush

When I used to be a teacher, at the end of the year on the last day of schoo,l I would give my students a little treat.
I would perform the dance moves to "Oops I did it again" by Britney Spears (sigh, I miss the old her).
If I were still teaching, I would TOTALLY be all over Miley Cyrus.
It's sad, but I like her:

The last time I freaked out
I just kept looking down
I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinking about
Felt like I couldn't breath
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Lesley said "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart it can't rest till then
Woh woh I
I can't wait to see you again

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask 80's band, I know all these words already...XM to 20 on 20 is addicting...I sung them on the way to Cleveland for Capt D's house party.

Rob Deer (st-st-stuttering)

Jennie said...

Somehow, I knew you would understand this- Rob Deer!
:)
"she's just being Miley"

Bill Teets said...

I smell another incident at the Pelee island winery, this time to Miley Cyrus lyrics rather than the ole favorite "hey there darlana"

Jennie said...

that was a moment of lyrical GENIUS that I will never ever forget.
I can close my eyes and see it still right now.
Rob Deer at my right- the rest of the LEIC gulping Canadian wine and/or bbq-ing some kind of sausage- and when he busted out "hey there Darlana"- I think I let out a short scream, it was THAT good!
couple more months....

Anonymous said...

That day was awesome! Oh Darlana...I CAN'T WAIT...TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget Darlana. I had just gone up to order some hummus and an ice cream "drumstick" and I asked her about the serenade. She was in love I think. And slightly appalled at our behavior which was spiralling out of control. Weird hummus there at the PIW...very dark...but still tasty.
AngryJohnny