Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pepto-Bismol, I love thee

Let me preface this entry by saying that for the last couple of weeks, Special K has been an intergral part of my eating habits. I can't stop eating it. I love it. I snack on it, I eat it with milk, I even bring a bag to the bowling alley (I credit the "K" for my 168 bowling score last week).
So when I introduce other foods to my digestive system, sometimes it retaliates. "What the f is this stuff?? I am only used to crispy, rice/corn flakes!"
(I was speaking on behalf of my digestive system there)

Last night Bill and I went to Lola. The restaurant child of the great new Iron Chef, Michael Symon.
It was quite honestly one of the best meals I have ever had.
Crunchy shrimp appetizer, the most succulent and tender Short Rib a girl could ask for, a bottle of yummy Riesling wine (a favorite of ours), bites of Bill's Hanger steak, some special "Lola fries", and to end the "6 o'clock am special" dessert.
MAPLE BACON ICE CREAM!!! ON FRENCH TOAST!!!! THE ICE CREAM WAS SHAPED LIKE A LITTLE PIGGY!!
THERE WAS BACON IN THE ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even Bill, a well-known "dessert hater", ate it all with me.

We toasted several times during dinner because, well, we were having a great time, and we felt lucky to be there, it was a very "Cleveland" kind of night.

today...belly...sick....

and this:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/custom/fringe/sfl-0312odd-toilet,0,7490969.story

3 comments:

Bill Teets said...

I've been to a lot of great restaurants in my time; Lola was one of the few that exceeded expectations.

Anonymous said...

How did she wipe?(re:article, not you)

god

Anonymous said...

How did she wipe if she was stuck?(re:article, not you)

god