Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Musings

Let's see...
Weekend was really fun- started out with our bowling league- my team is in first place!
I got a 152- high score for JAR- and then I got a 98, so apparently someone is looking out for me to keep my great handicap score.
Then Teets and I went downtown and met up with 80sBand. Athough the meeting up with 80sBand didnt happen at first (he was eating a 4 hour dinner)- so we went to Panini's to wait for him. Got to see a drunkie get kicked out of the bar 3 times in a row. The cop would kick him out- he would stumble around front for a bit and then head back into the bar...only to be kicked out again- and again! It was entertaining.
The the night gets a little blurry because the vodka cranberries made an appearance- but it was fun- always is with any member of the LEIC...
speaking of LEIC, we had a mini-reunion the next day at the Gambling baby shower in Marblehead, OH (I guess aka "Marbletucky")- it was a blast!! A little blackjack, a little Wii, and a shit load of rumaki (oh god sooo good-- bacon wrapped around water chestnuts in some sauce stuff- I had about 50 of them)- good times were had with Rob Deer and Capt D and Mrs. Capt. D...
Then it was Sunday- which in our house now means movie day- remember HBO- so we watched Robinhood, which I hadn't seen in years- still funny (I saw that movie on my first group date- at the time, didn't really watch the movie because I was so nervous to be sitting next to my "date"- oh to be in 8th grade again...now I watch movies nervous that Teets might rip one and I will be engulfed in the noxious fart cloud for a while..."
xo to Teets
Anyhow then we watched the movie "300"- it was ok. We decided to watch it because we've both heard Mike Golic go on and on about it- he ranks it up there with "Gladiator" and "Braveheart"- I 100% disagree- I mean I guess it was good- but I didn't really give a crap about the king and his army the way I cared about Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe in the other movies.
Plus after watching Braveheart, I always wish I was Scottish- I didn't really want to be Spartan after watching 300.
oh well.
So here we are at Monday.
ugh.
Over the weekend a policeman was shot and killed. Without going into too much detail, I am connected with this story because of the business I am in.
It's horribly sad but even sadder because he was young and had a wife and 2 young children. So it just makes me appreciate all the good I have in my life and my family and friends (really, those that read this blog).
And then I read this headline:
ATLANTA - Kid Rock has pleaded not guilty to a charge of battery from a fight at a Waffle House in Atlanta.

are you kidding me?

1 comment:

Bill Teets said...

I had blacked out the 300 incident until I read this. I might even blog about it, if nothing else other than the fact that someone out there though it was better than Gladiator and I watched it over Braveheart which was on at the same time. Not only was it not as good as Gladiator, but it wasn't even good at all. I might email Mike and Mike to tell them that.