Monday, March 17, 2008

Home Sick

Ever see the movie- Scrooged? You know the scene where Bill Murray yells "Will someone please stop the god damn hammering???!!!" That is where I am at right now. Home sick with constant banging coming from upstairs. The dogs are pacing and I'm tempted to run upstairs and offer them cash to go the hell away.

So yeah I am home sick. Ear infection coupled with sinus infection. Even had to get a shot. I had to go to one of those Urgent Care centers bc my regular doctor doesn't have "anything open" until 2010.
I had Doogie Howser as my doc today. He was ok- gave me a little lecture on my Special K obsession (apparently some of my bloodwork showed I am on the anemic side- MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT) and then he scared the bejesus out of me. He was looking in my ears with that thingy and he goes "wh-uh-oh"- so I'm like "WHAT WHAT WHAT"- I will admit that my first thought was, "is there a bug in my ear???"- You've all seen those horror stories of the roach living in someone's ear...
No bug.
He goes "oh did I say that outloud? I was thinking about something else for a minute"
WTF?!!!!
At that point I wished that Teets was with me, and that he was good and liquored up, and could have told the doctor he was going to murder him.


Went "pre-bowling" last night. I would like to state that pre-bowling sucks ass. It isn't the same as bowling regularly on league night. As one of my teammates, Mikey, stated, "it doesn't have the same passion".
I could not find my regular ball, Molly (the name etched on the lane ball I always use)- there were a bunch of l-e-a-ks all around us going apeshit when they knocked over one pin- plus it was Sunday and I always have a little depression in me that the next day is work.
So that resulted in an 86 for my second game.
I hate myself and I hate pre-bowling.

After that debacle we came home to watch the NCAA Tourney picks (we dvr'd it) and came to find out that OSU did not make the cut (already knew Florida didn't)- wouldn't it be something if they met up in the NIT tourney...just a prediction.

So now I have to do some research and pick my brackets. I've won the last 2 years only because of my beloved Gators. This year I have no f-ing clue.

And this bc I just watched the movie Major League (on tv- now that I've seen the unedited version, there really is no comparison)

There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake
There's a red moon rising
on the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake
There's an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake
There's an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake
Cleveland city of light city of magic
Cleveland city of light you're calling me
Cleveland, even now I can remember
'Cause the Cuyahoga River
Goes smokin' through my dreams
Burn on, big river, burn on
Burn on, big river, burn on
Now the Lord can make you tumble
And the Lord can make you turn
And the Lord can make you overflow
But the Lord can't make you burn
Burn on, big river, burn on
Burn on, big river, burn on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better, JAR!